Skip to main content

Full text of "2016 Emails Between Wilshire Center BID And The City Of LA or Tara Devine"

See other formats

Subject:  Re:  Follow  Up  From  BID  Meeting
From:  Michael  Solis
Date:  09/06/201 6 02:36  PM
To:  Arman  Martirossian

CC:  Wilshire  Center  BID  <mike@wilshirecenter.com>,  branden  Martinez  <branden.martinez@lacity.org>,  Anabel  Maldonado  <anabel.duran@lacity.org>,
William  Bill  Musselman  <william.musselman@lacity.org>,  Celeste  Plosler<Celeste.hosler@lacity.org>,  SRSSD  SUPERINTENDENT  Ron  Cole
<Ron.Cole@lacity.org>,  Wayne  Downing  <wayne.downing@lacity.org>

Got  it  Arman,  thanks.

On  Tue,  Sep  6,  2016  at  12:22  PM,  Arman  Martirossian  <Arman.Martirossian@lacitv.ora>  wrote:

Thank  you,  very  detailed  and  much  appreciated.  Mr.  Musselman  confirmed  he  will  have  them  delivered  tomorrow  morning.

Celeste,  update  map  once  Bill  confirms  delivery.

Wayne  and  Mike,  please  add  these  locations  on  drivers  map  to  activate  service  once  Bill  emails  confirmation,
thank  you  all

On  Sep  6,  201 6 1 1 :47  AM,  "Wilshire  Center  BID"  <mike@wilshirecenter.com>  wrote:

Hi  Arman,

I hope  you  had  a nice  long  weekend.

After  much  discussion  with  the  BID  Clean  Team  and  many  District  Stakeholders,  below  are  the  5 locations  that  would  be  best  suited  for  the  remaining
5 ALB  cans.

1 . The  South  West  corner  of  Wilshire  and  Normandie/lrolo  (on  the  Wilshire  side  near  3500  Wilshire,  close  to  bus  stop).

2.  The  South  East  corner  of  Wilshire  and  Normandie/lrolo  (on  the  Wilshire  side).

3.  The  South  East  corner  of  7th  Street  and  Normandie  (on  the  Normandie  side  near  706  S Normandie  Ave.)

4.  The  North  West  (or  North  East)  corner  of  8th  and  Normandie  (on  the  Normandie  side)

5.  The  North  East  Corner  of  7th  and  Irolo  (on  the  Irolo  side).

Please  let  me  know  if  you  think  these  locations  will  work  and  how  soon  we  might  be  able  to  get  the  ALB  cans  there.

Thank  you,

Mike  Russell

Wilshire  Center  Business  Improvement  Corporation  (WCBIC)
mike@wilshirecenter.com

www.wilshirecenter.com

facebook.com/wilshirecenter

213-487-7003

3600  Wilshire  Blvd.,  Suite  1 032
Los  Angeles,  CA  90010

On  Aug  24,  2016,  at  1 1 :46  AM,  Arman  Marti rossian  <Arman.Martirossian@lacitv.ora>  wrote:

No  problem,  will  hold  off  till  you  respond  back  and  confirm  locations  in  order  to  deliver  all  at  once,
thank  you

On  Aug  24,  2016  1 1 :25  AM,  "Wilshire  Center  BID"  <mike@wilshirecenter.com>  wrote:

Hello  Arman,

Great  points.

As  for  #1 , your  picture  shows  the  Southeast  corner  of  Wilshire  and  Normandie,  which  I believe  could  also  benefit  from  a new  ALB  can.
However,  I do  think  that  the  Southwest  corner  on  the  Wilshire  side  needs  a new  ALB  can  as  well,  this  would  be  by  the  Flame  Broiler
(Wilshire  Side).  There  used  to  be  a can  there  on  the  Southwest  corner  of  Wilshire  and  Normandie,  but  it  has  been  gone  for  some  time
now  (see  attached  photo).  There  is  a small  black  trashcan  there  now  on  the  westside  of  the  bus  stop  that  the  manager  of  Carl’s  Jr.  put
there,  but  is  not  sufficient.

As  for  the  Catalina.  I do  think  that  Catalina  and  7th,  Catalina  and  8th  and  Catalina  and  Wilshire  could  all  benefit  for  an  ALB  can.
Catalina  and  8th  is  also  very  busy  do  to  the  fact  that  the  elementary  school  lets  out  on  the  8th  Street  side.  Also  8th  and  Normandie  is
very  busy  as  well.

I am  meeting  with  a large  group  of  local  property  owners,  business  owners  and  stakeholders  tomorrow  morning.  Let  me  find  out  if
anyone  has  other  location  suggestions.

Thank  you,

Mike  Russell

Wilshire  Center  Business  Improvement  Corporation  (WCBIC)
mike@wilshirecenter.com

www.wilshirecenter.com

facebook.com/wilshirecenter

213-487-7003

3600  Wilshire  Blvd.,  Suite  1 032
Los  Angeles,  CA  9001 0

<Southwest-Wilshire-Normanide.jpg>

On  Aug  23,  2016,  at  6:03  PM,  Arman  Martirossian  <Arman. Marti rossian@lacitv.ora>  wrote:

Hello  Mike,

#1  seems  very  suitable  and  we  will  hold  off  on  #2.

Looking  at  7th/Bernando  seems  more  residential  and  less  activity  with  limited  space,  trying  to  avoid  placing  containers  on  well  manicured  landscaping.
Seems  flow  of  pedestrian  travel  on  Catalina  from  7th  to  Wilshire  is  heavy  and  lacks  receptacles  with  open  space  for  placement,  would  that  be  more
suitable?  Most  of  the  school  traffic  is  stretched  from  retail  to  transit  stops  on  Wilshire  down  to  school  crossing  on  7th.

Hello  Bill,  after  Mike  finalizes  please  delivery  3 ED8  ALB's  and  email  back  picture  receipt,  including  serial  #'s.

Celeste,  please  update  map  after  receiving  confirmation  from  Bill.

Thank  you  all,

<7TH  ST  AND  BERENDO  ST.JPGxSW-WILSHIRE-NORMANDIE_ALB  ED8.JPG>

On  Tue,  Aug  23,  2016  at  1 :59  PM,  Wilshire  Center  BID  <mike@wilshirecenter.com>  wrote:

Hi  Arman,

Thank  you  for  the  prompt  reply.

The  locations  that  come  to  mind  that  need  trashcans  asap:

1 . The  southwest  corner  of  Wilshire  & Normandie  (on  the  Wilshire  side).

2.  The  southwest  corner  of  Wilshire  & Berendo  (on  the  Wilshire  side).

3.  The  southeast  corner  of  Berendo  and  7th  Street.  There  are  two  big  apartment  buildings  that  just  went  up  so  there  are
hundreds  more  people,  lots  more  dogs  and,  sadly,  more  litter.  Plus  the  RFK  Community  School  lets  out  just  a block  away
so  now  that  school  is  back  in  session  there  are  a lot  of  kids  in  that  area  everyday.

I will  get  you  2 other  locations  later.

Thank  you,

Mike  Russell

Wilshire  Center  Business  Improvement  Corporation  (WCBIC)
mike@wilshirecenter.com

www.wilshirecenter.com

facebook.com/wilshirecenter

213-487-7003

3600  Wilshire  Blvd.,  Suite  1 032
Los  Angeles,  CA  9001 0

On  Aug  23,  2016,  at  1 1 :12  AM,  Arman  Marti rossian  <Arman.Martirossian@lacitv.ora>  wrote:

ALB=Automated  Litter  Bins

Container  service  request  for  maintenance  or  emptying  please  email  me  and  copy  Anabel  and  Celeste,  already  copied  within.  Molly
Larson  with  Chrysalis  worked  with  me  on  finding  suitable  locations  within  Wilshire  Center  and  hope  at  some  point  we  can  extend  our
partnership  with  all  BIDs.  In  the  meanwhile  if  you  have  five  locations  within  the  BID  we  can  allocate  new  bin  service,  please  forward
the  locations  to  me  since  I have  a few  containers  left  over  from  last  fiscal  year  I can  deploy.  No  need  to  copy  all  hereafter,  just
wanted  to  loop  in  vested  groups  within  LASAN  overseeing  service  or  maintenance.

Lids  remaining  in  the  upward  position  does  not  specify  anything  other  than  the  bin  hinges  are  not  loose  enough  to  shut  close  after  the
trucks  empty  them.  I will  convey  this  to  all  of  the  staff  to  dismount  and  shut  the  lids  manually  until  we  have  a permanent  solution  to
this  problem,  it  appears  to  be  widespread.  The  design  should  allow  for  the  bins  to  close  shut  after  the  trucks  empty  the  bins.

Containers  full  or  overfilled  are  not  acceptable  and  please  allow  me  to  rectify  this  issue  since  we  are  currently  identifying  appropriate
frequencies  to  increase  service  in  order  to  avoid  overflows.  In  the  meanwhile  all  the  bins  should  be  emptied  twice  per  week  until
adjustments  are  made  to  frequency.

On  Tue,  Aug  23,  2016  at  10:55  AM,  Wilshire  Center  <mike@wilshirecenter.com>  wrote:

Hello,

Thank  you  Leo  and  Arman  this  is  very  helpful.  We  appreciate  all  your  hard  work  on  this  project.  The  new
cans  are  a welcomed  addition  to  the  District.  We  just  want  to  make  sure  they  are  well  maintained  and  in  the
most  effective  locations.

We  believe  that  there  is  a strong  need  for  Sanitation  can  on  the  southwest  corner  of  Wilshire  and
Normandie  on  the  Wilshire  Side.  There  used  to  be  a Sans  can  there  but  it  was  stole  a few  years  ago.  Since
then  the  Carl's  Jr  has  put  a small  black  can  there,  but  it  is  really  not  sufficient  for  that  location.  Would  it  be
possible  to  add  one  more  can  or  relocate  one  of  the  cans  to  that  area?

Question:  What  does  ALB  stand  for?

Also,  if  we  see  a one  of  the  new  black  Sanitation  trash  cans  with  the  lid  open,  does  that  mean  it's  being
serviced  or  should  we  lower/close  the  lid?  Photo  attached  (Wilshire  & Wilshire  PI.  Southwestern  Law
School)

Lastly,  who  is  the  best  person  to  contact  if  a black  Sanitation  can  is  over  flowing?  We  can  help  clean  up
some  of  the  trash  so  that  it  is  not  overflowing  on  to  the  sidewalk.  The  can  on  Southwest  corner  of  Wilshire
and  Shatto  is  currently  over  flowing.  Photo  attached.

Thank  you,

Michael  Russell

Wilshires  Center  Business  Improvement  Corporation  (WCBIC)

213.321.6163

Mike@wilshirecenter.com

wilshirecenter.com
<image1  .JPGximage2.JPG>

On  Aug  22,  201 6,  at  3:04  PM,  Leo  Martinez  <leo.martinez@lacitv.ora>  wrote:

Thank  you  Arman.  I just  sent  you  an  Oscar  an  email  regarding  plotting
out  all  LASAN  Street  receptacles  divided  up  per  BIDs  citywide.

The  CAO  is  asking  for  this  information

Sent  from  my  iPhone

On  Aug  22,  2016,  at  3:02  PM,  Arman  Marti rossian  <Arman.Martirossian@lacitv.ora>
wrote:

Attached  PDF  includes  map  of  Wilshire  Center  BID  map  with  plotted
locations  of  receptacles,  along  with  sample  pictures  of  the  types  of
containers  within  the  BID.  Also  included  the  raw  data  PDF  and  Excel.  Access
to  the  map  might  be  limited  for  now  until  we  poston  CleanStat  website.

Flope  this  helps?

On  Mon,  Aug  22,  201 6 at  1 1 :56  AM,  Leo  Martinez  <leo. martinez@lacitv.org>
wrote:

Hello  Mike.  I'll  get  with  staff  to  see  if  they  can  email  you  the  number  of
containers  in  the  grid  you  outlined  in  the  email.

Regards
Leo  .,

Sent  from  my  iPhone

On  Aug  17,  2016,  at  2:33  PM,  Wilshire  Center  BID
<mike@wilshirecenter.com>

wrote:

Hello  Leo,

It  was  nice  meeting  you  at  the  BID  Consortium  meeting  last  week.  Thank
you

for  the  presentation,  it  was  very  informative.

I wanted  to  follow  up  with  you  about  getting  access  to  the  data  that
showed  the  location  of  all  the  trashcans.

I am  particularly  interested  in  Wilshire  Center  BID  area  (Wilton  to  Hoover
and  3rd  to  8th  Street).

Can  you  please  let  me  know  if  that  is  something  I can  get  access  to  or
that  you  can  provide  me?

Thank  you,

Mike  Russell

Wilshire  Center  Business  Improvement  Corporation  (WCBIC)
mike@wilshirecenter.com

www.wilshirecenter.com

facebook.com/wilshirecenter

213-487-7003